**ANNOUNCEMENT: Due to lack of entries, we will be POSTPONING the Extreme Trail Challenge this weekend (will be rescheduled for a date in October, TBD). We WILL still be holding the trail obstacle schooling on Friday PM and our BBQ for boarders on Saturday evening, though! Anyone who already registered has the option of getting a refund or applying their entry fee for the next Trail Challenge. Thank you so much for understanding! We hope to see you at our next event!
SCHOOLING DATE: Friday, July 13, 2018 from 3:00pm-8:30pm
TRAIL CHALLENGE DATE: ***TO BE ANNOUNCED – will be in October 2018***
Host: Woodloch Stable, Inc. (5676 170th St N, Hugo MN 55038)
Organizer: Maggie Knowles (contact)
The Trail Challenge is a unique event that encourages you and your horse to develop a partnership based on trust and measure your horsemanship skills. Your partnership is then scored on an obstacle course designed to challenge your skills at all levels and encourage good horsemanship. This event will give you the opportunity to set goals, measure your progress, gain confidence, expose your horse to new things, and compete. The Trail Challenge is about having fun, building confidence, promoting good horsemanship and challenging you and your horse to new levels!
This year, we will host a schooling day on July 13th (the day before the Trail Challenge, from 3:00pm-8:30pm) so riders can school their horses over the various obstacles (ridden or in-hand). Schooling is $30 per horse/rider pair, current negative Coggins required.
(Subject to change)
2018 WOODLOCH LIABILITY WAIVER (required w/ payment)
Classes will be capped at 10 riders per class, each class is $25 per horse/rider pair.
If you are registering multiple horses, you need to fill out one registration form for EACH horse. (2 horses, 2 registration forms)
You will receive an email confirmation when we receive your registration form and your place holding fee.
- Beginner Course – Junior (under 18)
- Beginner Course – Senior (18 and over)
- Intermediate Course – Junior (under 18)
- Intermediate Course – Senior (18 and over)
- Advanced Course – Junior (under 18)
- Advanced Course – Senior (18 and over)
- Extreme Trail Challenge – Junior (under 18)
- Extreme Trail Challenge – Senior (18 and over)
- Beginner Course: Course is suitable for all ages of horses and riders. 8-10 obstacles, no water, no jumping (except in-hand). Walk-Trot only, time limit applies. Scored only, no time points. Obstacles are worth 10 points each. Open to all ages and skill levels of horse and rider.
- Intermediate Course: is scored and timed. 10-12 obstacles are worth 10 points each. Time is worth up to 10 points. It is in an open area, includes loping and more challenging obstacles. Open to all ages and skill levels of horse and rider. Time Limit.
- Extreme Challenge Course: is scored and timed. 10-16 obstacles are worth 10 points each. Time is worth up to 10 points. It is in an open area, includes loping and a higher level of difficulty and skill. Open to all ages and skill levels of horse and rider. Time Limit.